Conventional > Salmonella
The benefits of chromID Salmonella
A new principle for easier reading
- Specificity: 3 chromogenic substrates optimize the selective isolation and differentiation of Salmonella, including the serotypes Typhi, Paratyphi and most Lactose positive Salmonella.
- Nutrient capacity: the rigorous selection of ingredients provides large Salmonella colonies with irregular edges and an intense colouration, after only 18 to 24 hours incubation at 37° C.
- Selectivity: the selective system chosen ensures excellent inhibition of contaminating food flora: Gram-positive cocci, yeasts and the majority of non-fermenting Gram-negative organisms.
A solution to food industry constraints
- Reliable results: the high level of sensitivity of chromID Salmonella avoids false negative results.
chromID Salmonella: 100%. Other chromogenic medium: 93%, XLD: 89%
(Results obtained during an independent expert evaluation on 28 matrices naturally and artificially contaminated and according to the NF EN ISO 6579: 2002 protocol by combining the RVS and MKTTn results)
- Cost savings: important reduction of confirmation tests due to chromID Salmonella specificity.
- Adapted to real conditions of use: chromID Salmonella was evaluated on a large number of naturally or artificially contaminated food matrices.
- Adapted to several protocols:
- Detection of Salmonella in selective enrichment broths: Rappaport Vassiliadis Soy (RVS), Muller Kauffmann with Tetrathionate and novobiocin (MKTTn), Rappaport Vassiliadis (RV) and Selenite Cystine (SC) according to different standardized protocols (e.g., NF EN ISO 6579 : 2002).
- Detection of Salmonella according to the VIDAS® Immuno-Concentration Salmonella method (VIDAS ICS/plate method)
- Confirmation of positive VIDAS Salmonella tests (VIDAS SLM)
- Direct identification of suspect isolated colonies with API® 20 E and ID 32 E strips
Chromogenic medium for the selective isolation and differentiation of the genus Salmonella in food products
Ref. 43621 – 20 plates (90 mm)
Ref. 43629 – 100 plates (90 mm)
Please consult our local company or representatives for the availability of these products in your country.