Need information ?Contact us
Do you need more information
The VITEK® MS IND system is the ultimate ID technology by the inventor of automated phenotypic identification.
Revolutionizing microbial identification with incredibly rapid time-to-result, the VITEK®MS system is extremely easy to use, requires minimal reagents and optimizes workflow.
Get results in minutes !
1 – Pick colony
2 – Direct deposit on the slide
3 – Add ready-to-use CCHA Matrix (Formic Acid – Yeast)
4 – Load into VITEK® MS
VITEK® MS target slides have unique barcode, so high traceability is ensured for each sample
The system database contains a large number of specific microorganisms, increasing identification accuracy.
State-of-the-art system, VITEK® MS is the future of microbial identification:
he VITEK® MS system relies on mass spectrometry, an analytical technique which determines the elemental composition of a sample. It is the latest technology for microbial identification.
MALDI-TOF: Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization – Time of Flight analyzer
To perform identification, the sample to be analyzed is mixed with another compound : the matrix. When the mixture is applied to a metal plate and irradiated with a laser, the matrix vaporizes and the sample gains an electrical charge, whose mass-to-charge ratio is measured.
To identify microorganisms, the VITEK® MS:
• 337 nm nitrogen laser, fixed focus
• Maximum pulse rate - 50 Hz (50 laser shots per second)
• Near normal (on-axis) incidence of the laser beam to the sample
• Laser power and laser aim under software control
• Linear flight tube of 1.2 m drift length
• Vacuum maintained by two turbomolecular pumps (nominal 250 l/s) with rotary backing
• Beam blanking to deflect unwanted high intensity signals e.g. matrix ions
• Size (w h d) - 0.7 m x 1.92 m x 0.85m, minimum distance to wall at back is 100 mm
• Weight - 330 kg excluding data system
- 200 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1000 VA single phase OR
- 230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1000 VA single phase
• A ‘clean’, stable and continuous mains supply is required for reliable operation
• Temperature - ambient 18° to 26° C
• Relative humidity - less than 70% non-condensing
• Vibration free, firm, level floor, at least 330 kg supported at four points
• 1 to 500 kDa
The VITEK® MS PLUS option enables you to :
VITEK® MS Mass Spectrometry Identification System
Please consult our local company or representatives for the availability of these products in your country
Increased productivity & safety
Safe & clean