Need information ?Contact us
Do you need more information
With the VITEK® MS MALDI TOF mass spectrometry system, discover the latest technology for microbial identification and get reliable results within minutes.
Revolutionizing microbial identification with incredibly short time-to-result, the VITEK® MS system is extremely easy to use, requires minimal reagents while optimizing workflow.
1 – Pick colony
2 – Direct deposit on the slide
3 – Add ready-to-use CCHA Matrix
4 – Load into VITEK® MS
VITEK® MS target slides have unique barcode, so high traceability is ensured for each sample.
The system database contains a large number of specific microorganisms for the vet, food & pharma industry, increasing identification accuracy.
Benefits of the VITEK® MS identification system
State-of-the-art system, VITEK® MS is the future of microbial identification :
For more information and avice on VITEK® MS for veterinary aplications, do not hesitate to use the contact form.
The VITEK® MS system relies on mass spectrometry, an analytical technique which determines the elemental composition of a sample. It is the latest technology for microbial identification.
MALDI-TOF : Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization – Time of Flight analyzer
To perform identification, the sample to be analyzed is mixed with another compound : the matrix. When the mixture is applied to a metal plate and irradiated with a laser, the matrix vaporizes and the sample gains an electrical charge, whose mass-to-charge ratio is measured.
To identify microorganisms, the VITEK® MS:
• 337 nm nitrogen laser, fixed focus
• Maximum pulse rate - 50 Hz (50 laser shots per second)
• Near normal (on-axis) incidence of the laser beam to the sample
• Laser power and laser aim under software control
• Linear flight tube of 1.2 m drift length
• Vacuum maintained by two turbomolecular pumps (nominal 250 l/s) with rotary backing
• Beam blanking to deflect unwanted high intensity signals e.g. matrix ions
• Size (w h d) - 0.7 m x 1.92 m x 0.85m, minimum distance to wall at back is 100 mm
• Weight - 330 kg excluding data system
- 200 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1000 VA single phase OR
- 230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1000 VA single phase
• A ‘clean’, stable and continuous mains supply is required for reliable operation
• Temperature - ambient 18° to 26° C
• Relative humidity - less than 70% non condensing
• Vibration free, firm, level floor, at least 330 kg supported at four points
• 1 to 500 kDa
The VITEK® MS PLUS option enables you to :
VITEK® MS Mass Spectrometry Identification System
Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing (AST) & Resistance Detection
Please consult our local company or representatives for the availability of these products in your country
Fully automated stain process from fixation to drying
Adapted to your needs
Increased productivity & safety