CULTURE MEDIA For Food Applications
Innovative and Comprehensive Culture Solutions for your Lab
More than 60 years of experience on culture media and microbiology have lead bioMérieux to develop a large range of culture media to suit your daily needs & improve your lab's quality work.
Our plate methods demonstrate high efficiency and reliability.
We propose recognized culture media solutions for all kind of applications in food microbiology:
- For detection or numeration:
- bioMérieux is the reference method for Listeria (ALOA).
- Solutions for reference methods with a large scope of microorganisms are available : Salmonella, Listeria, Bacillus, Cronobacter, Campylobacter …
- For easier and cost-effective workflow : bioMérieux develops “bag and plate” solutions: alternative culture media methods being ISO16140 validated methods (e.g. Bacara for Bacillus or Salma for Salmonella)
- For confirmation of alternative methods like GENE UP®, VIDAS®, or other culture media methods.
bioMérieux culture media are available in ready to use culture plates or bottles and dehydrated powders (availability depending on countries and culture media type: contact us for more information).
The Quality Control Laboratory of the Combourg (France) manufacturing site is accredited by COFRAC in accordance with the international standard ISO / IEC 17025: 2005 for the realization of the control and performance of culture media - Ready to use solid and liquids according to standard NF EN ISO 11133.
Easy to use protocols
High selectivity and specificity
Internationally validated methods (ISO/AOAC)
Comprehensive range of chromogenic media
Designed for the detection of the main food pathogens